How I Can Help Your Company
I can bring all my expertise to help your company to raise the bar and transform from a small start-up company to the company with good, standardized software development processes. I do understand what the business wants and I’m able to speak both to the business and to the developers using their languages. The word Scrum is not just a word for me (but I’m not a Scrum Master).
Here is how I can help your company to grow and improve:
- Bring standards of coding including code quality tools with automated checks.
- Bring code review standards.
- Help to identify weak sides in the existing process and change them.
- Help the developers to communicate (not every team is a real team, in many cases what companies use to call a team is actually just a group of individuals).
- Document the existing state of the project, also ask your employees to do the same for writing making it a must to have everything properly documented.
- Try new practices like pair programming that can help the company share the knowledge and make sure that there are no areas where only one person holds all the lore.
- If you don’t have a Scrum Master, I can help you with setting sprints and other approaches of Scrum (although as I noted before, I’m not a Scrum Master by myself).
- Interviewing new developers and helping you choose the best candidates.
When it comes to software development itself, this is what I can do for your company:
- Help with the technology choice.
- Design and develop APIs (be it REST or gRPC).
- Bring unit, functional and e2e testing to the company, and make it a must to have the code well-tested before put to production.
- Bring missing monitoring with the help of (ELK stack, Grafana, Prometheus and other services).
- No more “edit files on the server”, everything should be done in an automated way using CI/CD.
- Help with dockerizing your applications (both for production and development environments).
- I can develop applications in Go or in PHP (Symfony).